Negritude

Saturday, December 03, 2005

This is my life.
I have decided to embark on some new projects. I have begun collecting interviews for a documentarjy that I am producing to showcase women artists.

Distaff Descant.


Distaff- adj : characteristic of or peculiar to a woman; "female sensitiveness"; "female suffrage" [syn: female] n 1: the sphere of work by women 2: the staff on which wool or flax is wound before spinning

In hebrew pelek "a circle"

Descant-
A discussion or discourse on a theme.


Women work is creation, transformation and sustanance. To create is to take the raw materials of life and shape them in to being. bearing children or nations on our back we do this amid great adversity. At times even controversially but always with the intention of keeping the circle of creation unbroken. Always affirming the life that we live and thAt which we live beyond our individual years.

Women bear a world that does not always mean them well. Through our bodies we restructure the world, swell borders and redefine margins. In this aspect the act of creation through the transfor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home